- Precise dosing of low, specified fluid volumes
- Optimal rinsability thanks to product design that virtually eliminates dead volume
- Custom, Application-specific system
In the laboratory it is extremely important to dose samples and reagents with precision – to prevent the results from being distorted. Even small volumes of fluid must be dosed extremely accurately, for example using in vitro or molecular diagnostics. A crucial factor to ensure extreme precision are quickly switching valves with optimum rinsing capability.
Find out how to dose even small quantities with precision, using Bürkert micro valves, and how to avoid cross contamination in the laboratory!
This is how dosing functions using a syringe pump
You can use syringe pumps to dose small, specific volumes of fluid extremely accurately. In doing so, the syringe pump system works according to a discontinuous principle. A defined volume of fluid is drawn in by the movement of a piston in the pump cylinder and is dispensed in the same channel to a dosing needle. If you want to dose a medium out of a vessel into a cuvette, position a 3/2-way valve, which controls the inlet and outlet channel, in front of the pump.
- The syringe pump draws in the medium by the piston moving in the pump cylinder.
- By opening and closing, a valve controls into which channel the drawn-in medium is conveyed in the next step.
- The piston of the syringe pump moves and the medium is dispensed from the pump to a dosing needle.
Insulated dosing with a syringe pump
Using this dosing principle, the medium is not completely drawn into the pump, but into a dosing needle. This process is used particularly for applications which have low dosing quantities.
Both in the cylinder of the syringe pump and in the inlet channel there is an insulating air cushion which causes the medium to come into contact with the dosing tip only. This minimises the risk of contamination. This principle allows integrated cleaning of the dosing tip.
When the medium has been dispensed, a valve opens the cleaning channel. The pressurised cleaning fluid is conveyed through the dosing tip only. The insulating air cushion keeps the syringe pump free of fluid even during the cleaning process.
Our expertise: Fast, precise and systematic dosing
Systematic and individual solutions
For dosing using a syringe pump, we not only offer you a wide range of components and materials, but we also develop tailored system solutions for your facility. In our Systemhäuser <system houses> we combine ideas, development, serial concepts, test laboratories and production under one roof. This is how you will profit from our Systemhaus expertise.
Our micro valves for precision dosing using a syringe pump
Direct-acting 2/2 or 3/2 way Rocker-Solenoid Valve with separating diaphragm
- For maximum chemical resistance requirements
- Compact design with 16 mm width and Cv ratings up to 0.058
- Proven reliability since 1993
- Flexible design for custom manifold assemblies
- High back pressure tightness, excellent cleanability and 100 % duty cycle
2/2 or 3/2-way Whisper Valve with media separation
- Highest chemical resistance
- Compact design with 8.9 mm installation width
- DN 0.8 mm (vacuum up to 5 bar) and 1.2 mm (vacuum up to 3 bar)
- Very fast, almost silent switching with < 20 dB (A) and very low power consumption
- High back-pressure tightness, excellent cleanability and 100% duty cycle
2/2 and 3/2 way Bürkert TwinPower rocker solenoid valve with separating diaphragm
- For highest chemical resistance requirements
- Ultra compact design due to Bürkert Twinpower actuator with 10.3 mm width
- DN 0.8 (5 bar) and DN 1.6 (2 bar)
- Integrated hit and hold electronic
- High back pressure tightness with excellent cleanability
2/2 or 3/2 way TwinPower Rocker-Solenoid Valve with separating diaphragm
- 22 mm ultra compact design with orifices up to DN 3.0
- Isolating diaphragm for high chemical resistance
- Circuit function NC, NO and 3 way universal
- Back pressure tightness via rocker principle
- Minimal internal volume with excellent cleanability
Do you want to dose reagents and samples with precision and obtain perfect measurement results quickly? If so, get in touch with us.